Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day


Well I started my new year off asleep. Went to bed about 11:00 and got up this morning at 4:45. Stacie and I headed to the airport to pick up Scott. There was no traffic and the roads were good even though it was 28 degrees. We had to wait only a few minutes for Scott to clear customs and then we headed back home. The kids were very excited to see their dad. He brought back gifts for everyone and some good pictures of his trip. He had a really good time.
I took a long nap and have been feeling very good today. I did not have any fever today as far as I know. I have a bad cough and hope to shake that off soon. So far my voice is very deep but staying with me. I will be singing bass Sunday for sure.
I took this picture today, after my nap, of Janie reading a book to the grandkids. Having company for two weeks has caused me to miss her though we have not been, for any significant period of time, parted this fortnight.
It has been wonderful having the grandkids here for Christmas and we had a white one as well. It is a bit sad to think that we will not know or be known by our other grandchildren as well as these. This sacrifice is for the glory of God and though, compared to many, it is a small one nonetheless we lay it upon the altar willingly, knowing that those who loose their life for Jesus' sake, save it.
This year may we all offer our bodies a living sacrifice, Holy and acceptable unto God. Happy New Year to all. God bless you.

No comments: