Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh Me Oh My, Obadiah


Obadiah, wow what a good book. I will be bringing "Lessons from Obadiah" tonight in our service. I woke up this morning thinking "Obadiah is going to be a rather dull text for tonight." I could not have been more wrong. It is the shortest book of the Old Testament and its background and timing are difficult at best to determine with complete accuracy. I got to studying for tonight's text and found a treasure. How in the world I could have thought this book to be dull is beyond me now.

Janie and I have had a good day. She did not come to bed until 3 this morning. I went for a 4 mile walk and read 14 chapters in the book of Acts. While she took a nap I went to the bank and gas station. We are packed for going over to Henderson tonight. I will take her mother to see the doctor tomorrow while she stays with her Dad. I plan to go by and see Bro. Davis on our way back to Henderson Saturday morning. I am going to take my tools and do some repairs for my in-law's while I am there. The picture is of me and my mother-in-law waiting in the van for my father-in-law to finish his cancer treatment last week. God bless you.

No comments: