Monday, January 11, 2010

Ecc. 7:2

The funeral went very well this afternoon. I spent the morning catching up on some Bible reading. I also took a walk this morning while thinking about the funeral sermon. The Bulletin is ready for Sunday, at least my part. Janie made us some Frito Pie for supper and after I blog I will work on some thank you notes then review the sermon for tomorrow night.
The picture is one I took at the cemetery this afternoon. This is the grave of one of our church members whose funeral I did back in October. It was raining and cold that day and every one's feet got wet. Today was much nicer weather and the service was indoors. I went to the graveside to be with the family as the casket was lowered into the grave. A couple from our church rode with us over to the funeral. We enjoyed their company and it was a blessing to the family to have them present.
Tomorrow will be a busy and long day. I plan to start early and "Git-R-Dun." I feel it is going to be a really great day. God bless you.

No comments: