Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ton Nom


I was watching my son's youtube videos just now and one of the songs he sang was entitled "Ton Nom." I think it means "Your Name." I did not understand a single word of the song but it sure sounded good. I am still amazed that he has had over 17,000 hits on some of his youtube videos. I hope he will be able to record and post some more. If he keeps this up his name will be a household one. If you would like to check it out you can go to youtube.com and search for "abainfrance."
We had wonderful church services today. Our sound man, Chris, showed a short video called "The Bridge" right before the sermon tonight. It was just a real good service. Chris is a farmer by trade and right before the services I went up to the sound room and visited with him. He has a son named Cole who is about five months old. I asked Chris how old he was when his father had him doing actual productive work on the farm and he said he started driving the tractor at the age of 10. He expects to start Cole at about that same age. Chris is really good in the sound booth and is even better in the field. He comes from a long line of farmers. Their name is well known in Hill county.
I have had a whole lot of reponse to the picture I posted of Bro. Davis. There are so many lives that he has touched. Mine, perhaps, more than any others. His name is well respected among the pastors of our Baptist Association. Many want to be kept posted about how he is doing.
"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold." How about "Ton Nom." The picture is one taken a few years ago at the ABA national meeting and is of my son Jason, daughter Sarah, and Janie. God bless you.

No comments: