Thursday, January 28, 2010

Eating too Much


I had 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich at 7:00 this morning for breakfast, my mother's "boiled dinner" (pictured) for lunch, a hamburger for supper, and a bowl of my mother-in-law's home made soup for a bedtime snack. This would not be so bad if I had walked today but I did not, so there. I will try to get my walk in tomorrow if it does not rain.
After lunch with my mother we went to town to take care of some banking business for my in-law's and then headed to the funeral home to help Sister Davis make the funeral arrangements. It was not until Sis. Davis returned home that she found the paper where Bro. Davis had written down everything he wanted at the funeral. We got close to what he wanted and will make a few adjustments to accommodate as many of his other requests as we can.
The visitation will be Friday night from 5:00 to 7:00 at the Cottle Funeral Home in Overton, Texas. The Funeral will be at 10:00 Saturday morning at Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church. The grave side service will be held at 3:00 Saturday afternoon. We will most likely leave from the grave side and return directly to Hillsboro.
After leaving the funeral home we went to Wal-Mart to get some things for Janie's parents. I stayed in the car and worked on the sermon while Janie did the shopping. I have spent this evening working on the funeral sermon and have a firm grip on it. I am praying that I will get through it with out loosing control of my emotions. I will start by sharing a few of my favorite memories of times I have shared with Bro. Davis. I will try to express what he has meant to me and that will be the tough part. If I make it past that I am home free. With that behind me I will preach a sermon which I have entitled "The Man Of God." I expect that there will be standing room only so would advise anyone planning to attend to arrive early. If it were possible I would broadcast the service on Skype for Jason to see and hear but I am not sure we could work that out.
I have not composed "Tribman" and may not get that done this week. There are just not enough hours in a day, especially this week. I must head for bed and get some rest. God bless you.

No comments: