Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back to Normal


This is a picture of my grandkids when we went to Mcdonald's. The man in the picture is one of our church members and a very good friend. He and his wife wanted to do this for our grandkids and seemed to enjoy watching them play. This is the same couple that drove over 180 miles one way to attend my father's funeral. They got lost and were not actually there but I have them in my mind counted as present. Their daughter died a few years ago and I preached her funeral. They are a very generous couple.
Our life is now back to normal with the holidays behind us. Sunday I will be preaching on the subject of "The Supper of our Great God." It concerns the battle of Armageddon a battle which my eyes shall see from a bird's eye view. The Sunday School lesson is also from a very exciting text. We will wade with the prophet Ezekiel in a river that will one day flow, a river where angel feet have trod. I do not know if I will be allowed to wade in that river but I like to think that I will. How wonderful it will be when our faith is turned to sight.

I had a bad night of coughing last night and got little sleep. I took a nap late this afternoon and woke up coughing. I will do the best I can to get through the sermon tomorrow without coughing. God bless you.

No comments: