Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Lord's Day

Janie fixed us some corn dogs for supper tonight. I like to eat junk food every now and then and I suppose that is okay as long as you don't make a habit of it. You might argue that a corn dog is not junk food and I suppose there are worse things to eat. Either way that corn dog sure was good.
We had a great service this morning. Jason was on the big screen in our auditorium and spoke to us live from Magrie, France. I think the people were impressed. We also took up a special offering to go toward the cost of replacing some of the light fixtures in our auditorium. We needed about $1400 and we got about $1700. Tonight we had a guest speaker who is trying to raise the funds needed to revitalize a church that has declined in membership. Our Church started that particular church 26 years ago and we hate to see it declining. The deacons meeting after the services was short for currently all things are quiet and going well.

One of our church members gave us a DVD of the movie "Most" a clip of which you will find in the right column of this blog. We watched it twice this afternoon and it was good. I plan to show this movie, which is only 30 minutes long to our congregation on Sunday night the 24th of this month. The emphasis will be on why we do what we do as Missionary Baptists.
This afternoon I had a long visit with one of our church members who is normally consider a "shut-in" because her health is not good. She was at church this morning and wanted me to come by for a visit. It was good visit and I need to do more of that for our "shut-in's"

This evening I plan to get some reading done and to work on the bulletin for next Sunday. I have a funeral tomorrow and plan to work on my thesis afterward. Tuesday will find me at two Bible studies one here at the parsonage in the morning and one in the evening down in Lorena south of Waco. I am looking forward to both of these. It is what I live for and what I love to do, teach the Bible. God bless you.

No comments: