Monday, January 4, 2010

Chicken Fried Steak


I just finished eating supper. Janie made chicken fried steak and it was mmmm good. The day has gone well. I coughed a lot last night after going to bed so got back up about 1:00 and talked to Jason for a bit. He was about to take the kids to school. I stayed up until my coughing settled down a bit and then went back to bed about 2:30. Janie had a lot of work to do so she did not come to bed until 5:00 this morning.

I got up deciding not to go to the pastor fellowship since I had not gotten a very good nights sleep. I went to the bank and post office and then got to working on the bulletin for next Sunday. I had some phone calls concerning a funeral on Monday. The brother of one of my church members has died and they want me to preach his funeral. It was to be a graveside service but since the weather is going to be bitterly cold they will have the service indoors. I also had a call from a friend who is going to come by for a visit on Saturday and I am looking forward to that. I talked with a missionary and set up an appointment for him to come and share his vision with our church. The afternoon ended with a walk and a slow read through the book of Revelation.

Janie and I had to go to Waco to get some toner for the printer. Jason's monthly report finished off the toner and we had to run the rest of them with the copy machine at the church. Tomorrow we have the ladies Bible study in the morning and then I will work on the sermon for Sunday. Wednesday morning I plan to work on my thesis. The picture is of the gift that my son-in-law brought back for us from his trip to Paraguay. God bless you.

No comments: