Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Short Day


Most of my days are long. They begin early and end late. Today was somewhat different. I went to bed on time but rose coughing at 1:00 am. I stayed up until 2:00 for the cough medicine to kick in. I ended up sleeping to nearly noon. This makes the day very short. I went to the post office at 3:00 this afternoon and as I was coming out of the post office I spoke to a lady coming in and said "Good morning." I did go and buy groceries at Brookshire's. I have slept more than half the day away. I suppose I needed to catch up.

Mother called to see if we were coming to Henderson. She wanted to make sure I knew that the weather was going to be bad. We do plan to go to Henderson tonight. Janie and I will take her parents in the bitter cold to Tyler so her dad can get his cancer treatment and she can get her hair fixed. Last night I did get a handle on the text for Sunday. It is a tough text and I am looking forward to teaching the lesson. The picture is one I took of Janie today working in the kitchen. We keep our thermostat set on 70 and she often gets cold. God bless you.

No comments: