Monday, May 19, 2008

Update from Texarkana

We made it safely to Texarkana and the meetings today went well. There were some fireworks but none of the arguments were overly heated. There are about 100 in attendance and 25 of those are on the standing missionary committee. The meeting is suppose to be over by noon tomorrow but they are so far behind I expect it will not end until about 4:oo pm or so. Our missionary to France will not be voted on until noon tomorrow and I do not expect any questions. The hotel is nice though the first room they gave us was not acceptable and they had to give us another one. I expect to hear the same things I heard today at the national meeting in Spokane on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday. At least I will know what to expect.

My grandson and his dad went for a 10 mile hike and they said it went well. It was very hot but they made it. I expect that he will have no trouble keeping up with his 54 year old granddad. God bless you.

No comments: