Friday, May 16, 2008

Homily

I prepared a homily this morning from John 17:20-26 and it was a great way to start the day. I was told, if I remember correctly, that one of the former pastors, Paul Owens, prepared a homily every day. I usually prepare three a week not seven. I will preach this one Sunday and am looking forward to it with great joy.


My grandson and I have done our shopping and are now ready for the hike next week. If the Lord is willing and the weather is good we'll be off. He is very excited as am I. It will be a very memerable time. Check back here for pictures and the movie. My brother called me yesterday wanting to know if I was going to come out to California next year to hike again. I told him I would be thinking about it. I would like to but will have to see wait till the fall to make up my mind.


Today I plan to do some much needed plumbing for my in-laws and will go by my father's house to help him with a computer problem he is having. The picture is of my parents at their 60th wedding anniversary. It is good to help others, especially your parents. Injury is a real possibility with this plumbing job so I will have to be extra careful. I better go now and get to work. God bless you.

No comments: