Saturday, May 10, 2008

Serving


There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emanuel's vains and sinners plunged beneath that flood loose all their guilty stains. I love the words to that old song. It is so comforting to know that my sins have been forgiven and my soul is saved. There is a freedom which comes form knowing that your future is secure and full of hope. I am free to concentrate on serving. To serve God is done by serving others. I believe that the secret to church growth is found in individual spiritual growth. The more we become servants like Christ and of Christ the more people will want to be a part of that work. When one realizes the truth that it is more blessed to give than to recieve they will never want to go back to living for self again.

There are just 14 hours and 20 minutes until the sermon Sunday. I am as excited about this text as I am about hiking with my grandson (pictured at his 8th b-day). I hope you have a great mother's day. God bless you.

No comments: