Sunday, May 25, 2008

Got-r-dun

The picture is of me and my grandson at the entrance to the park were we began our hike. He left his hat at the ranger station and was worried about it but we recovered it the next day and all was well. It was cloudy and rained on us briefly when we were not far down the trail. I gave him the hat that I am wearing in this picture. It has LED lights on the bill and I suspect that by now the batteries are dead. I told him the history of Davy Crockett and he seemed impressed.
Another Lord's day is finished and all went well. Our music/youth minster is gone and will be missed. I put a list in the bulletin of jobs that will need to be done now that he is gone and already two persons have stepped up and volunteered for two of them. I pray that others will do the same and we will not miss a beat. I have a busy week planned as usual. I will be at the nursing home visiting and helping in the worship services there. I plan to visit a couple of our shut-ins to check on them tomorrow. I will be preaching to the church in Waco Tuesday night. I have not seen them in over a month and am anxious to visit with them again. I will get my hair cut Tuesday Lord willing. Wednesday I will preach a sermon from the book of Ezra and will get that sermon ready Monday night. I need to mow the yard on Monday and start cleaning out the garage. Thursday night we plan to drive over to Henderson for our dentist appointment Friday morning. While there we will check on our parents and help them with a few things and then head back to Hillsboro. Tonight I will work on "From the Pastor" for the bulletin and will try to settle on a text for the sermon Sunday morning. I will tell more of the hike in posts to come. God bless you.

No comments: