Monday, May 12, 2008

Is there no Balm in Gilead

I preached at the nursing home and the title of my sermon was "Is There no Balm in Gilead".
I also led the singing and just had a great service. One of the ladies came up to me with her son pushing her in her wheel chair and he said that she wanted to talk to me. In tears she began to praise God for His goodness. She was so moved by the sermon she just had to say something. I love it when God's word moves others as it has moved me.

I was able to get the lawn mowed today and am glad I did for there is rain in the forecast for the next three days. I have not seen my Wal-mart prospects lately so we are going to make a quick run there for a visit then its over to the church to make copies of the France Mission Report. Then it is over to the missions secretary's house to deliver the reports so he can mail them out. I will finish my part of the bulletin tonight and then get my sermon ready for Wednesday night.

My grandson called me a little bit ago and said he had walked 3.6 miles today. He ran the last stretch of it so I know he has plenty of energy for the hike. I will go over to Henderson on my day off and shop for hiking supplies with him and then next week, Lord willing, we will be on the trail. In the picture you can see my grandson who was the ring bearer at the wedding. Also pictured are Janie's parents, both my daughters and their husbands, two of my granddaughters, and my wife and I. God bless you.

No comments: