Thursday, May 1, 2008

Six Flags over Texas

I use to like to go to Six Flags over Texas amusment park. The 2 minute ride would be worth the 45 minute wait. Now I am not willing to wait 45 minutes for a 2 minute ride because the rides are now more pain than pleasure. My son took his kids to an amusment park in France and they had a great time. I am spending this day with my wife and Father-in-law. We are waiting even now for him to see the doctor. We will wait an hour for a 5 minute visit. Sounds like Six Flags. When we are through here we will go over to the hospital for him to receive some shots that hopefully will help him with his back pain.


My brother is talking about offering a shuttle service to and from the Pacific Crest Trail in Southern California. It would be a really nice thing to have. Getting to and from the trail can be a problem and to have someone who has a good knowledge of the trail to help with the logistics would be a great asset. It would take a lot of planning to get such a thing up and running and if there is anything that my brother likes to do it is planning.


I will be preaching Sunday from John 17 again and should finish that section I started last Sunday. The Sunday School lesson is going to be a good one as well. Sunday night I will return to my series of sermons on the life of Christ. I have a trip to Texarkana coming up soon to meet with the missionary committee of the ABA. It will be interesting for sure.
The picture is of my daughter who will be getting married this Saturday. She played in the band and was very good at it. I am somewhat glad that my Friday nights are not taken up by football games anymore but those day were fun as well. All three of my children were in the band. They all were good at it and that talent must have skipped my generation for my dad plays the Harmonica very well but I am not so musically talented. Well I must get back to work. God bless you.

No comments: