Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back to the Hotel


A hotel is a place where one stays when they are away from home. Our home in Hillsboro is really just a hotel. Our home is in heaven and we are pilgrams and sojourners here on the earth. In John 17 Jesus told His Father that His followers were not of this world as He was not of this world. We are headed back to our hotel in Hillsboro, pictured here with me standing out front. Was able to get the plumbing job done without injury and all went well. Will spend this afternoon, Lord willing, putting the finishing touches on the Sunday School lesson and the Sunday evening message.

Monday morning we are headed for Texarkana for the pre-association meeting. Expect some fireworks there but hopefully will not get burned. The ABA meeting this June is in Spokane Washington which will be a 1900 mile drive for us. I do not look forward to that drive at all. It is expensive and hard on this 55 year old body. There are some very important things to be done at this meeting and so we must go.

Due to the travels I have planned for this week I will be having to study when and where I can. I may not blog much this week even though it only takes a few minutes per post. I need the time to study and meditate on the messages. God bless you.

No comments: