Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I see a rod of an almond tree


Jeremiah was shown an object by the Lord and the Lord asked him what did he see to which he responded "I see a rod of an almond tree." You have purhaps heard the phrase "it loses something in translation"; Well that is certainly the case here. There is a play on words from the Hebrew language found here. The route word for almond means to hasten. Jeremiah was smart to pick up on this and the Lord commended him for it in Jeremiah 1:12. I have seen a rod of an almond tree. Every time I look at my children I see it. Every time I look at my grandchildren, I see it. Time is hastening by so fast. In four years all my children will be in there thirties. My oldest grandson will be getting ready to drive a car in just five years. When I drive up to the church building here at Walnut Street I see a rod of an almond tree. I have been here almost six years and time has gone by so fast. When I look at the news on TV and see all that is going on in this world I see a rod of an almond tree. The Lord's coming is at hand even at the door. Dear reader, I hope and pray that you are ready for the coming of the Lord.
This picture is "a rod of an almond tree" to me. It is of Janie and her sisters with their mother and uncle. It was taken earlier this year. I met Janie on July 11, 1973 and will never forget that day almost 35 years ago. God bless you.

No comments: