Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gas prices


I believe that we should fight back against oil prices. My Jetta is averaging 46 mpg and has saved me a ton of money. I have taken to walking to work a couple of days a week. I told one of my neighbors as I walked past his house that I was protesting the oil companies. I will be driving to Spokane Washington a distance of 1900 miles one way. I dread the trip but it is very necessary that I go for there will be some very important business taken care of there and our missionary work may be questioned. Being virtually all highway miles I should average about 53 mpg on this trip. I had to fix a flat tonight. There was a nail in the right rear tire.

My grandson and I enjoyed the hike and the paddle boat. We rented a boat and due to a strong head wind we had a hard time getting back to the dock. The camera ran out of battery power and I did not have a replacement. I would have loved to get a picture of us on the lake. This picture is of us taking a much needed break. We had consumed a gallon and a half of water by this point. We had only covered about 2 1/4 miles when we took this break.
We plan to go to Canton on my day off and then go over to Henderson for our dentist appointment and checkup on our parents. We will be back in Hillsboro Friday evening. God bless you.

No comments: