Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Car Care

The car has new tires and a new fuel filter. I was not looking for a bargain nor was I looking for the best places to have my car repairs made. I was looking for prey. The Bible says for us to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. A serpent carefully draws close to his prey before striking. Little do those who worked on my car today know that I am seeking them for Christ. Jesus loves them and if they do not know Him they need to. I visited with a lady over near Blum tonight. I helped her with a computer problem and she wanted to pay me for my trouble but I refused. She said she would do something kind for someone else as my payment. I heartily agreed.

I posted on our church's blog an article I wrote for the bulletin. There is a link on this blog to that one. I plan to post my "From the Pastor" articles there each week. I enjoy finding some small but oh so precious gem in the scripture and sharing what they mean to me.

I preached a mother's day sermon from 2 kings 5 on the subject of "The Unknown Mother". It was the mother of the little maid in this chapter. She is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible and goes unsung and unpraised by this world as do many mothers. I looked at this text to find clues from this little girls actions about her mother. I chalenge the reader to make a list of what you would say about her based on this text.

I have just about finished the sermon for Wednesday night. I will preach from 1st Chronicles 24 on the subject of "Training for the Worship of God". I will return to the book of John chapter 17 on Sunday morning. The picture is one of those 3d pictures if you look deep into it you will see a Cross. God bless you.

No comments: