Friday, May 23, 2008

Back from the Hike

I am back now from my hiking trip with my grandson. The video I have here is of the most precious moment on this whole outing. It had turned dark and we had bedded down for the night. Joshua was too excited to sleep and it did not matter to me if slept or not. I was tired and was working on going to sleep letting him do whatever he wanted. He asked me if he could borrow my Bible. I handed it to him and he began to read aloud. I listened to him helping him with an occasional word. I sat up and got the camera and took this video without his knowledge. I wanted to remember this moment and share it with others. He kept miss pronouncing a word and I did not want a miriad of questions so I did not correct him. If you pronounce the "w" of this word which is silent it sounds like "war". It was after this reading that he discovered one of many seed ticks on his body. The first one was bad but when he discovered a few more he began to panic. I calmned him down and helped him remove and kill the ticks. Afterward he fell asleep very quickly and I did not hear anymore from him until I opened my eyes in the morning to see him staring me in the face. He was ready to start another day. God bless you.

No comments: