Wednesday, May 26, 2010

So Much to Learn So Little Time

I have so much I want to learn. Having attended and graduating from college I realized how little I knew compared to what there was to know. College just opens your eyes to see how far you have to go.  I am working, as you know, on my Doctor's degree.  I read for hours today and learned much but what I learned is so small compared to what I want and need to learn.  I want to learn something about "MySQL" database. I looked into what it would take and it seems it is not going to be quick and easy like learning to blog. 
I enjoy sharing what I learn with others, that is to say, I love to teach.  I spend an average of 4 hours a week teaching.  I spend an average of 16 hours a week studying to learn. The rest of the time is spent applying what I have learned, putting knowledge to use or ignoring what I have learned. Some things I learn knowing that I will need to teach them to others.  Some things I learn to make work easier.  When asked if I know a thing of which I am ignorant I have no qualms about saying "I don't know." I also have no fear of learning new things.  I like it. I just don't have enough time to learn all I want to know.  I expect that when I walk the New Earth I will have all the time I need to learn all that I want to learn.  What a wonderful day that will be. The picture is of me, Janie, and my parents when I received by Bachelor's from TBI
We had a good Bible study this morning and good services down in Lorena tonight.  We were blessed to have visitors in the services there.  Tomorrow I will spend most of the day reading books on the Song of Songs. I will break up my reading sessions with some exercise. My wrist has not done well today.  The ring and pinkie fingers of my right hand were numb and at times hurt.  I don't have that problem with the brace on.  I left it off a little to long today.  I will not make that mistake tomorrow.  The second picture is of our grandchildren Joshua and Ruth. God bless you.

No comments: