Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother Fell


My mother fell today. She was out in her storage shed which she had just under pinned to keep rabbits from going under it. She wanted to paint the shed so went inside to see if she had a roller and pan. She has a small step ladder and was on it when she stepped off of it and lost her balance. She fell backward on the floor. She called Janie's cell phone and told her she had fallen and cut her head and needed some help. Janie was in town with her mother and sister and they went right over to check on her. I was with my father-in-law whom we had just taken to the doctor in Tyler and had just gotten home. I headed over to mother's and Janie and her younger sister were working on her. She had a cut on the back of her head about an inch in length. She had a real big cut on her elbow. I could tell it was going to have to have stitches so we taped up the elbow and headed for the Emergency Room. They CAT scanned her head and everything was fine there. They put 3 stitches in her elbow and then 2 in her head. The doctor then look at the elbow again and it had bulged out to the size of a lemon. He had to take the stitches back out and drain the blood and clot that had gathered under the skin. He then sewed it up again and put a compression bandage on it. Mother looked bad with blood on her shirt and on her skirt. We took her home and she was feeling fine. She is anxious to go with us in the morning to Hillsboro. We can help to dress her wounds for the next several days. She was in very good spirits through out the whole ordeal. She at first refused the CAT scan but I talked her into it. We took her home and she is doing well. The picture is of my mother back in the mid 1940's.

We are back at Janie's parents house. Her dad has not been eating and has been sleeping a lot. The doctor made some recommendations and hopefully they will help him. We took my father-in-law in his truck. To turn the A/C blower on in his truck you have to turn the switch on and then take the hammer out of the back seat and whack the blower housing under the dash several times. The old truck needs some attention but it is doing okay for having 153,000 miles on it.

I got a book in the mail yesterday that is at least 2 inches thick and the whole thing is on the Song of Solomon. It makes me tired just looking at it sitting there. It is going to take me a long time to read that one. I am enjoying the research and have learned much.

We went out to eat with Sarah and Justin tonight at the same restaurant where I first laid eyes on my son-in-law. They gave Janie her mother's day gift and we enjoyed a good visit. Justin is very good at building things. I got some pointers from him tonight as to the best way to make a bunk bed. I am going to try to make one soon. The second picture is of Justin and Sarah with Jason and Angie's kids. Well its off to bed. God bless you.

No comments: