Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lead, Led, Read, Read

I am glad I did not have to learn English as a second language.  The past tense of lead is led but the past tense of read is not red.  Why is that? 
Janie mowed her parents yard yesterday (pictured).  She was covered with dirt and dust by the time she was finished. I wish I had gotten a picture of her.  She was as dirty has I have ever seen her.  She went strait to the shower. I had changed the lawnmower blades while she was at the doctor's office with her father. I used my impact wrench and that did the trick. The blades came right off and the new ones went right back on with no problem. I cooked supper while Janie was mowing.  I did not ask permission from my mother-in-law to do so.  I opened her freezer and dug through there and found the oldest package of peas she had.  They had been put in the freezer the year Janie and I moved to Hillsboro.  I took out some roast that she had cooked and frozen three years ago.  I put both of these in the same pot and cooked them together.  When they were through I spooned the chunks of roast out of the peas and put them on a plate by themselves.  I made some macaroni and cheese, put everything on the table while my mother-in-law set out the plates and place mats.  Janie finished her shower and we were ready to eat.  My mother-in-law had never thought of cooking roast and peas together in the same pot.  "It saves electricity" I said "and saves washing a pot."   
We are back in Hillsboro having arrived at 1:16 this morning.  I have been working on the sermon for Sunday and stopped long enough to make a pot of homemade chili.  Normally when it is 94 degrees outside you would not think about making chili but I was hungry for it so with the inside temp at 80 I made chili. We had to run to Wal-Mart to get a few things and now its back to work, reading.
I may be leading the singing tomorrow in our morning services.  I ought to have the sound man put Jason  upon the big screen via skype and have him to lead the singing, he inherited his mother's musical talents not mine, thank the Lord. I lead the singing at the nursing home at least once a month and enjoy doing so.  I will enjoy leading others in worship tomorrow.
My sister, Jean, made her trip by car safely to my mother's house.  Mother will enjoy her company for the next couple of days.  I think Jean heads back to Colorado on Monday.  God bless you.

No comments: