Friday, March 5, 2010

Walk


My father-in-law took a rather long walk today. He walked to the car and then from the car into the cancer center lab area then way down the hall to the waiting area then back up the hall to the exam room then back to the front door of the cancer center then from the car back to his chair. I would estimate he walked 1/10 of a mile. I took a walk this afternoon as well. It was a short walk for me about 2 1/2 miles. It was a beautiful day for a walk.

The doctor is suggesting another round of Chemo therapy treatments for my father-in-law. They will make that decision in three weeks when he sees the doctor again. If he does this, I guess he will be taking that 1/10 of mile walk every week.

I walked with God today by praying more than usual and also reading 8 chapters in the Bible. Sometimes I do not pay attention to the convicting of my heart by the Holy Spirit of God. There is a song that says "Every time I feel the Spirit moving in my heart I will pray." Today I listened intently for the Spirit and as a result my day has been filled with prayer. There are people of our church that have health problems and I prayed for them all. My daughter, Sarah, called to tell me that a young man that is kin to her husband fell off of a roof and was hurt and wanted me to pray for him, which I did.

It is my desire to walk with God tomorrow as well. There is not a better day than when you walk with the LORD. I love that old song "When we walk with the Lord in the light of His word, what a glory He sheds on our way. While we do His good will, He abides with us still, and with all who will trust and obey." The picture is one I took today of my shadow while taking a walk. God bless you.

No comments: