Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bread for Breakfast


This morning I fed the grandkids bread for breakfast. It was not just ordinary bread but bread that my mother had made. I made sure that the kids knew this. I had four loaves of this bread and the eight grandkids consumed it all. That's half a loaf per kid. When I see mother next I will tell her the story how they could not get enough of her bread. We had corndogs for lunch and I think Janie has fish on the menu for supper.
Janie and I went to the funeral home this morning and at noon while the kids were eating I went to the church to check on things. I went to the hospital and visited two patients there before returning home to eat my lunch. Jason brought me over to the church so I could get some work done this afternoon. I worked on the sermon for Sunday and camp registration. I need to get the camp information in the mail soon. I made major changes to http://www.baptistville.org/. I went there to activate the camp registration form but while I was there I thought I would change the look of it a bit.
I must admit that I miss Janie. I usually have her to myself most of the time so when I have to share her with eight grandkids I feel deprived. I do not regret this at all for we have sincerely missed seeing Jason and his family and it is so good to spend time with them for all too soon they will be gone again. They may not be back to the U.S.A. for three years so we will bond with their kids as much as we can while we can.
John 6:53-57 KJV (53) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.(54) Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.(55) For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.(56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.(57) As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
God bless you.

No comments: