Tuesday, March 9, 2010

100,000


After the ladies Bible study we took my mother back to Henderson. We went by Janie's parents to take care of a few things there and then headed back to Hillsboro. On the way back our 3 year old car's odometer turned over to 100,000 miles (pictured). I wonder if my feet have 100,000 miles on them yet?

The man who passed away and whose funeral we will attend tomorrow died at, what I consider, a young age. He was just 62 years old. An unexpected death, four funerals I have preached so far this year, going to the nursing home 5 times a month, and praying every day for the 20% of our congregation that is shut in because of failing health makes me want to redeem the time. There is so much I would like to get done and so little time to do it. Solomon said "Remember NOW thy creator in the days of thy youth." It will not be long before my car begins to break down and become unreliable. When that happens I will most likely buy a new car. I have owned about 14 different cars in my life. When my body wears out God will give to me a new one that will never wear out.

My brother's wife is going to have surgery on the 19th of this month so we will not be going hiking as planned. He has been very sick and so putting the hike off until later will be a good thing for him. I may try to work up a hike with Jason or maybe with Joshua in the next few weeks. Maybe I will hit 100,000 miles of hiking before the Lord comes again. Maybe on the new earth of Revelation 21 I will hike 100,000 miles a year just trying to take in all the marvelous sites. God bless you.


No comments: