Saturday, March 13, 2010

False Alarm


We got a phone call Friday morning at 2:38 from our daughter saying she thought she might be in labor. We left the house about 3:30 and headed to Moss Hill. We got there at 7:00 and she was having contractions about every 5 to 15 minutes. My son-in-law went to work and then came and got her to head for the hospital about 10:00. She got there and they kept her for an hour or so then sent her home saying she was not quite ready. The nurse said she expected to see her back at the hospital that night. She got back home about 2:30 Friday afternoon. We stayed at their house with the kids (pictured). Janie took a short nap while I watched the kids then I took a short nap while she watched them. Janie had only gotten one hour of sleep before they called and I had had about four. We took them out to eat for supper and then soon after getting back to the house we went to bed. Your own bed is always more comfortable than any other so it was not the best of nights but I did get some sleep. I had a bad headache which happens to me when I don't get enough sleep. It was all gone by morning. We stayed until noon today then headed back to Hillsboro in their van with the grandkids. It is now nearly nine and she is still not in labor.

The grandkids helped fix supper and then clean up afterward. They are all bathed and ready for bed now. We will head them that way shortly. Jason and Angie will be here later tonight. The house will be filled almost to capacity. The two older grandkids helped assemble another toddler bed and now we have enough places for everyone to sleep. Janie went to the store to get a few things. She is working hard getting all the sheets washed and changed out. I will head to bed when the grandkids do to some study before going off to sleep. I have changed the clocks that do not change automatically. I am hopeful the others will change themselves. I have set my alarm for 5:00 just to make sure the automatic clocks have indeed updated themselves. God bless you.

No comments: