Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Word


My day started with half a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of water for breakfast. I sat and listened to the grandkids eating breakfast while talking to each other in French. They seem so comfortable with this new language. Micah (pictured) loves to, page by page, show what he has done in school. I made the mistake of counting in French the numbers on one of the pages. He switched over immediately to French telling me all about that page. I stuck to English from then on.
We are loving this time with Jason and his family. They have gone over to Henderson today and will return here late tomorrow. I can already tell that these next 9 weeks are going to pass way too quickly.
I had two meetings this afternoon at may office at the church and both went well. I returned home to find Janie in desperate need of a nap. She did not get much sleep last night so while she took a short nap I took a two mile walk and read eight chapters in the book of Matthew.
We went down to Lorena for services there stopping first by the nursing home in Waco to see a friend who lies near death. After the services we went back by the nursing home and she was still holding on. She is not expected to make it through the night. Her daughter and son-in-law are in our prayers as they spend the night by her bedside.
Tomorrow I will actually work on my thesis, I can't wait. I will take a break for an appointment at 11:00 for lunch with "Meals On Wheels" then return to my studies which should lead me up to church time. God bless you.

No comments: