Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Buzzards



This morning I rose early and got to work on the Sunday School lesson. It is a difficult text and needed a lot of study. I also worked on the lesson we had tonight from the book of Nahum. As we were getting ready to leave my father-in-law's house I looked out the kitchen window and saw 13 buzzards meandering about the backyard. Three of them were fighting with each other. I went outside to take a closer look and they first just looked me over then 7 of them flew up into a tree and the rest sought refuge on top of the old barn (pictured) out back. I did not see nor smell any carrion so I guess they were just having a get together. My mother-in-law said she did not know what she could do about them. We concluded they were probably a good thing to have around.

We went by to see Sis. Davis and she seems to be doing well. After leaving there we returned to Hillsboro and I left Janie at the house and went to meet a man at the church. I got so involved in teaching him how to use a computer that I forgot to watch the time. Janie called and remined me that I needed to come back home and pick her up for church which I did. The services were good. We discovered that Bro. Brian Jones had left part of his display at our church Sunday night and called him to let him know we found it. He wants us to bring it to Henderson on our next trip there.

Tomorrow morning I will work on my thesis and then get my hiking gear ready to go. I am looking forward to talking to the boys about hiking. I plan to share the Gospel with them while I have their attention. God bless you.

No comments: