Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rain


Well it rained all day today. I got up and worked on the sermon for Sunday. Next, I got my hiking gear out and sorted through it, repacking my backpack getting my gear ready for the lecture. I have a FireSteel fire starter that I never actually started a fire with. I went out in the back yard and put a cotton ball down on top of a brick. With one stroke on the steel the cotton ball burst into flames. I was amazed. This FireSteel works even when it's raining and wet. I also tried making wood shavings with a pencil sharpener and a stick. That also worked very well. I have both these items in my backpack. Reviewing my gear makes me anxious to go hiking again. My brother and I plan to hike March 11th and 12th if it doesn't rain.

We left the house about 4:00 and drove in the rain to Palestine, where we met our daughter and son-in-law and had supper together. The rain continued as we headed to Moss Hill and it rained on us all the way. We are anxious to see the grandkids and are looking forward to tomorrow's activities.
This picture was taken a couple of years ago of me hiking in the rain. God bless you.

No comments: