Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home School Students


I spoke to a group of home school students today on the subject of hiking. There were 15 boys in the group. They were very well behaved and very attentive. They asked a lot of questions and the one I did not expect them to ask one of the boys asked. "What do you do if you have to go to the bathroom when out on the trail?" Looking at their faces I could tell they all wanted to know.
In all I spoke for an hour and a half and had their undivided attention the whole time. The equipment that I used for this demo was for a two day hike and the weight of the pack was 19 pounds. That included everything but water.
After the session was over we took our grandkids to Wal-Mart and bought them a few things. Then after returning to their house we loaded up and head back to Hillsboro. We got home about 11:00 pm and now that we have everything unloaded and have blogged we will head for bed. Tomorrow I plan to work on my thesis. God bless you.

No comments: