Saturday, February 6, 2010

BROKEN


The church house was cold when I arrived at my office this morning. My desk top computer at the office is broken and has bit the dust. It is about six and a half years old and served us well. I will offer it to my son-in-law, perhaps he can salvage some of its parts. I ended up working on the sermon for Sunday morning and the Sunday School lesson instead of my thesis. My plans are to work on the thesis tomorrow afternoon.

When I returned home for lunch Janie had found a YouTube video on how to repair the broken agitator in her washing machine. Hers has been broken for quite a while. I watched the video and saw how easy it was to fix and left the video still playing and went strait to work on the washing machine. I got it apart and then called the 800 number and ordered the parts ($9.47). They will be here Friday. Its hard to believe that it was something so simple.

Jason, Angie, and the kids will be arriving at 9:00 pm on Friday. We are so looking forward to seeing them. My daughter and her children are going to come and stay a few days with us and will have already gone home when we head out to pick up Jason. We will need to take the Church van to pick them up at the airport and since we have not cranked the van in several months I hope it is not broken. I will check it out on Monday.

My mother has made some bread for Jason and his family and we are going to make a quick trip over to Henderson to get that and also to check on my niece who had to have emergency surgery on Friday. It seems something inside was broken and they had to go in and fix it. She is doing well but will be in the hospital recovering for the next few days.

We went to Sam's this afternoon to pick up some things we thought we needed for when our son and his family arrive. We bought some foods in bulk which they like and if they don't eat it all while here they can take it back to France with them when they leave.

After supper we went over to the church to take care of something there and then went and bought a few things at Wal-Mart. None of my cashiers were on duty, which has happened a lot lately, so I am going to have to start to work on a new one. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about here's the deal. I try to make friends with people who serve me in public. This means waiters, waitresses, cashiers, postal employees etc. I try to be a friend to them and gain their friendship and trust. This takes a lot of time and often I must wait in a longer line to get the person I want. Sometimes these people are not saved and so once I gain their trust and they know about me and I about them I share my faith in Jesus Christ with them. Sometimes they are already saved and have a relationship with Jesus. I rejoice when that is the case and strive to encourage them in their walk with the Lord. Many times people are broken and need to be fixed and Jesus is the only one who can fix them. Jesus told His disciples to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Building serious and real relationships with people is the best way to help them to know the Lord or to know Him better.

Well it is time to head for bed and a night of un-broken sleep. The picture is of my grandson, Caleb, a few years ago when he was at our house. Something must have caused his sweet heart to be broken but I don't remember what it was. God bless you.

No comments: