Monday, June 29, 2009

Hot


It was 91 degrees here at 10:00 this morning. The grave side service went well though the Hospice Chaplin was a few minutes late. I asked the funeral director if he had a tent with a/c but he said it was broke. When I got home my shirt had very few dry threads. I worked on my income tax audit and made some phone calls to get some information. Janie was a big help raising a question about the taxes which I had not thought about. It should make a big difference in what we will most likely end up owing.

Janie and I are on a diet that I like really well. We eat four bites every two hours. We include all the food groups to keep it balanced. I never get hungry. The principle is the same as having your stomach stapled but without the surgery. Just eat less but keep it balanced. I loose weight and feel great with lots of energy. I never have heartburn or indigestion on this diet. If you try it remember to keep it balanced by including fruits, vegetables, bread, meat, and dairy (even ice cream). Four bites every two hours. You can drink all you want of V8 juice, milk, and fruit juices. Drink plenty of water as well. The first time I went on this diet we went out to eat and I ate just four bites and then asked for a to go box. I ate on that one meal the rest of the day. Just kept taking out of it four bites and heated those four bites in the microwave. We do not eat out very often on this diet but if we did one large meal would take all day to eat.

I am really enjoying our Tuesday morning Bible study. We sit at the dinning room table with coffee, Postum for me, and take our time going through the scriptures which relate to future events and the end of this world. Small group discussions are an excellent way to learn and teach the Bible. I was scheduled to attend a surgery in the morning but it has been postponed for two weeks so I will be at the Bible study in the morning.

Clint is doing very well. He is eating food now and making really good progress. His graduating class is going to have a fund raiser at our church parking lot July 18th. They hope to raise some money to help with his medical expenses which are going to be massive. I plan to call the lady in charge of the fund raiser and meet with her some time next week.

Well I had better go clean off the table where I have all my tax stuff spread out after all the ladies will start arriving about 9:30 in the morning. The picture is of me standing by the fence that me and my brother-in-law repaired for Janie's uncle Trenton. God bless you.

No comments: