Monday, June 8, 2009

Plates


When I was a child I was encouraged to clean my plate. The thought of wasting food was repugnant to my mother (pictured here with my oldest daughter's children Joshua, Ruth, Hannah, Jonathan).
Having a lot on ones plate is an idiom for having more work to do than you can get done. Janie and I frequently have a lot on our plates. I chose to help Janie with her plate today. I scanned a document and printed it out for her, took care of the church bulletin, and delivered the France mission offerings to the missions treasurer. She is working on the church directory right now trying to get that mailed off. She works filling Internet orders for Sullivansupply.com and that keeps her busy as well though with the current recession business has been a little slow. I went to the bank this morning and then over to the middle school. They gave me a tour of the building and it is very nice. I went there to help with counseling any children that might come by the school for that purpose due to the murder of one of their classmates. No kids showed up so I went back home to pick up Janie for the nursing home service. We had real good services there and a big crowd of 48. Afterward we returned home and I mowed the yard. It was 93 degrees here today and though I was using a push mower, the kind without a motor, I did not get overly heated. My neighbors must think that I really care for the environment when they see me use a lawn mower that burns no fuel. I do care for the environment and it is cheaper to mow without burning gas so it is a win win as far as I am concerned. Besides it is good exercise and I need that. We did not make it up to Dallas to check on Clint so maybe we will make it tomorrow. Just had too much on our plates. God bless you.

No comments: