Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Waco Times Two


We went to Waco twice today. The surgery this morning went very well and the evening services also went well. I took two naps this afternoon which sounds strange but both were short. I had three sermons from which to choose for the services tonight and made that choice right before the service. I did share with them first my thoughts on the text I am planing to preach Sunday morning. They did not toss me out of the room so maybe preaching this text won't cause as big a stir as I might have thought.

Sarah and Justin worked on my in-law's kitchen again today. It sounds like they made good progress. I am anxious to see what they have done and as soon as they get the pictures to me I will post them here. I will be extremely busy tomorrow. I will go to town on church business and then to the office for some work there. We plan to head to Henderson tomorrow night and if I can work it out I will "pour water on the hands" of Bro. Davis Thursday or Friday. Father's day is approaching and my eldest brother had suggested that we get together and go to Dad's grave and put some flowers there. It is an excellent idea and we will do that Saturday morning the 20th of June. Its hard to believe that it has been almost a year since his death. Mother has said she misses him and it has been my experience that the first year is the toughest.

Clint came through his surgery very well so thank you for your prayers for him. His family needs your prayers as well for it is not easy to see a loved one suffering. Tomorrow Janie will train our new Church bulletin editor. It is such a blessing to have volunteers. I will be teaching from the book of Jude tomorrow night. The list of campers who have signed up for summer church camp is growing and it looks like we will have a pretty good group. Camp is fun and I recommend it to everyone. For adults it is a chance to get away from the world and have good Christian fun. Even if you don't have kids in your church you ought to consider going to camp. For $75.oo you get 4 unforgettable days of what Christians call fun. The picture is of my wife playing the piano at church. This picture will be in our new church directory. God bless you.

No comments: