Friday, June 19, 2009

Computers and Cabinets


Well I worked on computers and cabinets today. I went over to Bro. Davis' and helped him with a computer problem. He said it was too hot to work outdoors so I was content to spend the afternoon with him in front of his computer. I taught him how to check, compose, and send email. I think he's got it down now. I recovered a lost document for him and he was glad of that. We had a real good visit. Back at the Taylor's I helped Justin load up the old dishwasher and the old stove. He put the finishing coats on the cabinets and the house smells very strong of varnish and sealer. We installed the stove top and the oven. Janie even got in on the work. I could not get the connection made in the junction box so she gave it a try while I took a break. She gave up and then I tried again and got it done. One of the pictures I have posted here is of Janie putting the cover back on the junction box down under the cabinet. She fit in that tight spot a lot better than I did. The oven works just fine and so does the stove top. Justin will have to remove the stove top to finish the counter top but that is about two weeks away or so and until then my mother-in-law can be using it. The second picture is of my mother-in-law next to her new stove top and oven.
I plan to help my wife's uncle Trenton tomorrow with a few things. In exchange for my help he will teach me much about ranching and cows. I am looking forward to it. My two brothers and I will be going with mother over to dad's grave Saturday morning to put out some flowers for Father's Day. God bless you.

No comments: