Thursday, June 11, 2009

Electricity


We left Hillsboro about 11 this morning and for most of the way there was a thunder storm to our left. We got to Tyler about 2:00 this afternoon and helped my mother-in-law pick out a new oven and range top. My son-in-law needed me to move a breaker box in the kitchen so he could build the cabinets on that part of the wall. We got to my mother-in-law's around 6:00 pm and I got started on moving the breaker box. Step one was to removed the paneling from the wall to expose the inside of the wall. Step two I disconnected all the wires and removed them from the box. I drilled 4 holes through the wall to the outside, one at each corner of the outside of the box then removed the box from the wall. The next step was to mark the wall outside under the carport. I placed the box on the wall between the holes and marked a line around it. Sawing the hole was easy until my battery went dead. I had a back up and it went dead before I could finish up. The charger works real fast so in no time we were back in business. With hole cut out I mounted the box in place and then fed the wires back into the box. While Janie held the flashlight I hooked the wires back up and turn the electricity back on. Everything worked so I put the cover back on and caulked around the box. The picture above is dark because it was about 11:00 before we finished. Janie and I moved a phone jack which was also in the way of the cabinets. I have to ruff in the wiring for the new range and oven and then I will be out of my son-in-law's way.
Tomorrow we get new tires for our car and while that is being done I will try to finish typing up my sermon for Sunday. Bro. Davis called me today and said he read my prospectus and found only one mistake. I was shocked that he found only one. He was a professor at the seminary for many many years and for him to find only one mistake is astounding to me. Well I had better head for bed. I will visit with Janie's uncle in the morning when I carry off the trash. I will work in a walk and then do some more electrical work. By the end of the day the sermon for Sunday should be ready to go along with the Sunday School lesson. God bless you.

No comments: