Friday, June 19, 2009

Old Dog


This picture was taken by my youngest, Sarah, it is a chicken snake that was at the bottom of the wheelchair ramp at my in-law's house. He got away by crawling under the ramp. He has not been seen since.
They say you can not teach an old dog new tricks. My wife's uncle taught me how to repair a barbwire fence today. We went around his various pastures and checked on his cows. He also wanted to see some of the fields to see if they were ready to cut for hay. He studied the grass closely and came to the conclusion that he need more rain so would wait on bailing hay. One field he had not been in for a while because the gate was to difficult to open was very disappointing to him it was so full of weeds. It was fun and very educational to ride around with a man who has been raising cows for over 70 years. I believe he will be 92 his next birthday.

Janie has gone to Tyler with her mother and they are doing some shopping. I went up town after a short nap at noon to mail two boxes off to Jason and Angie in France. It cost $117 to send them and the lady at the post office said she would love to take them over there for me. Seems she has always wanted to see Paris. I have some more electrical work to do here at the Taylor's house and will do so after I finish studying my Sunday School Lesson and Sunday night sermon. I will be preaching from Revelation 13 this Sunday even though it is Father's day. God bless you.

No comments: