Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tennyson


I quoted Tennyson today. "I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it when I sorrow most; Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." I preached at the nursing home this afternoon and a lady in the front row knew this poem and gave the author's full name. I wondered if she might have been a school teacher.

This week will be another busy one. There was a horrendous murder in our county on Friday night of a 12 year old girl. Her 13 year old sister was also attacked but survived. I am going to go over to the middle school to see if they need my help counseling these girl's schoolmates. It was a real shock. I will preach at the nursing home in the morning and plan to go see Clint tomorrow afternoon. Tuesday morning is Bible study and Tuesday afternoon I will be at my church office. Wednesday is study day and depending on what progress my son-in-law makes this week on cabinets we may make a trip to Henderson to hook up the kitchen sink.

They reported that Clint is doing well and is still heavily drugged. I have not heard whether or not he will have more surgery this week but expect that he probably will. There a some who are planning a fund raiser for him at our church and as soon as I know the details I will post them here.

The picture above is of Janie (center) and her sisters back in 1961. This picture is of Janie at the age of 19 the day after our first date. She served at a friend's wedding the Sunday after we had gone out on our first date July 21, 1973. God bless you.

No comments: