Saturday, June 27, 2009

77777


The Odometer of our car reached 77777. That would not be so bad except that it is just a little over 2 years old. Notice also from the picture the temperature. It seems we have a high pressure dome setting right on top of us and there is no rain in the forecast just 100 degree temperatures.

Bro. Harold Davis will be at our church tomorrow to preach in my place. I am really looking forward to his sermon. I plan to take him out to eat afterward and enjoy a good visit. We went to the hospital for a visit with one of our church members and then later took some food over to the lady who's husband died. I will be preaching that funeral Monday morning hopefully before it gets too hot. This second picture is of the Expo center in Springfield where the ABA messenger meeting was held. It was hot there also reaching 98 degrees each day we were there. I took this next picture of Janie at Wal-mart where we went to pick up a few things to help out the family of the man that died. I saw one of the men I use to work with at Lebus while there. He had been back to Lebus last week for a visit and said that they had laid off 70 people. I had wondered if the state of the economy had effected them.

This evening Janie sewed up the hem of one of my suit pants. She just will not let me forget that I am a married man. She takes such good care of me. She suggested I put more pictures of me on this blog and less of her to which I responded "But you are the love of my life not me." Thursday this coming week is my day off and I plan to go hiking with my brother, Steve. It will be hot but we will be dressed for it and will drink a lot of water. Hopefully the trail will be somewhat shady. I will post pictures here of our hike. God bless you.

No comments: