Saturday, June 13, 2009

Computers


Long, long before computers were invented Janie's Uncle Trenton and his wife and son lived in the house pictured here. He told me that it was here that they got their first refrigerator. It was not an electric one. Those were much simpler times. The well was on the right side of the house and there was no indoor plumbing.
We left the Taylor's this morning and headed back to Hillsboro. We stopped by Bro. Davis' and in less than five minutes I had his computer problem solved. We had a short visit with them and enjoyed every minute. Bro. Davis had a sermon he was working on and he shared it with me and it was really good. He was very passionate about it and said he was going to have to preach it somewhere. I asked him if he had any preaching appointments and he did not so I asked him to come to Hillsboro on Sunday morning the 28th of June and preach it to our church. It will help me for that is the Sunday after our trip to Springfield, Mo. for the ABA messenger meeting. I would have been hard pressed to have my sermon ready for that Sunday. I am anxious to hear him preach. I went over to the office to do some studying this afternoon and I noticed that the outside temperature was 101 degrees. My office A/C has gone out and it was kind of warm to do my studies there so I got my books and went back to the house. Janie had gone with me to use the church's typewriter to fill out some insurance forms for her mother but it did not work. Typewriters have become antiques with the advent of computers. I will be preaching from Revelation chapter 13 in the morning a message entitled "Two Beasts." God bless you.

No comments: