Monday, June 29, 2009

Uncle Bill


Bro. Davis brought a good sermon today at our church and we had a good visit afterward. Janie and I took them out to eat. They headed back to Tyler and we went back to the house. Janie took a nap while I reviewed my sermon and report for the evening services.

We received a notice in the mail from the IRS saying that they had accepted my proof of expenses but that I had reported them on the wrong forms. They said nothing about that in their original letter to me. When I called them they simply stated that my expenses seemed excessive and needed to see proof that they were legitimate. They gave a long complicated explanation of the changes they made to my return and said that I owed them money. I disagree with their assessment and with what they have done and plan to call them tomorrow.

I will focus first on the funeral in the morning and give that my undivided attention. I have just finished my part of the Bulletin for next Sunday and will work on the Sermon for next Sunday tomorrow. Tuesday I will go to Waco for a surgery there and will finish up the sermon for Sunday and the lesson for Wednesday night. As I mentioned in an earlier blog I will spend my Thursday off hiking with my brother. I am not worried about the heat because we will have plenty of water to keep us cool. Friday and Saturday our grandchildren will be at our house and we will enjoy their company. Next week we will go back over to Henderson and hopefully install my mother-in-law's kitchen sink. My uncle Bill who lives in Lowell Mass. helped to train me as a plumber. I borrowed the picture above of my uncle and his wife from my sister's facebook page. I really enjoyed working with him. I am hoping to get to see him next year Lord willing. God bless you.

No comments: