Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jury's Out

Jury duty went well today. We had 54 cases which were not as interesting as last month's. We broke for lunch at noon and I went home, ate a quick sandwich, and finished packing the suitcase. I got back to jury duty at 1:00 and we finished at 4:00 p.m. When I got back home we put our things in the car and took off for Springfield, Missouri. I decided to go by way of Oklahoma City due to the traffic we would face in Dallas. It is about 50 miles longer but I thought I would make better time. As of the time I am writing this, we have come 463 miles and are only 75 miles from our hotel.
My youngest daughter, pictured above, has been text messaging us from the meeting. It seems all has gone well with things there so far. We expect to arrive about 12:30 a.m. The meeting gets underway in the morning at 9:15 a.m. so we won't get much sleep tonight. Looking forward to the meeting tomorow even though we won't get back to our hotel room until 11:00 tomorrow night. We tried to call our oldest daughter and her husband who are supposed to be at the meeting as well, but were unable to get in contact with them. We are looking forward to seeing the grandkids. This is a picture of our youngest grandson, Jonathan, trying to stand on his head. God bless you.

No comments: