Monday, June 1, 2009

Deviled Eggs


I made deviled eggs for supper tonight to go with our veggies. I used some squash relish that one of our friends had given us instead of the usual pickle relish and it gave them a real good flavor. The service at the nursing home went well. I preached on the text "Where is the Lord God of Elijah." I read 15 chapters in the Bible today but I am still way behind where I need to be to make it through three times this year. There was a great feeling of relief that came over me after I turned in the prospectus but oddly I am getting anxious to start work on my book on the Song of Songs. It will be a long journey and it will begin with translation. I have the first chapter translated and have started on the second chapter. It will take a while to get this done because I am not good at Hebrew translation. The next step will be to address the history of the book and how and why it was canonized. I will post pictures of my work on this blog so stay tuned.

Clint is going to have surgery tomorrow to skin graft various small areas that need attention. He is doing well and so far has had more good days than bad. Janie and I will be attending a surgery in Waco tomorrow morning and will not have our usual Ladies Bible study.

I am thinking about preaching from Matthew chapter 25 this Sunday. It is a controversial text and that would tend to make me shy away from it at least on the radio. It speaks of the second major order of business of which the Lord will take care after His return to the earth. I feel strongly that we are close to the end of the human run governments of this world and this text needs to be explained and taught. Since many Christians in our county get their formal Bible instruction on Sunday mornings and no other time I am forced to include as part of this instruction controversial texts in the morning services whereas I would normally prefer to teach such texts off air.
The pictures that I have chosen for this blog entry give us a before picture of my mother-in-law's kitchen cabinets. Sarah and Justin worked over there today and will do so again tomorrow. They removed one of the two pantries to give more room in the bathroom that is adjacent to the kitchen. This will allow Janie's mother to get into this bathroom with her motorized chair where she could not before. Sarah is going to take pictures of the progress of this remodeling job and as soon as she gets them to me I will post them here as well. God bless you.

No comments: