Friday, June 26, 2009

Home


We are home. It took about 9 hours to get here because we stopped a few times to stretch. I started out driving and got us headed the right direction and then Janie took over. She drove for a little over 100 miles while I slept. I had a headache and at our first stop I took some aspirin and took over the driving.



This morning before we left the hotel I got a phone call from the funeral home telling me that the husband of one of our church members had died and the funeral will be Monday. When we got about half an hour from home I got a call that one of our church members was in the emergency room so when we got into town we went right over to the hospital. They are going to keep her for observation so we will check on her again tomorrow after we check on the lady who lost her husband.

Clint is eating solid food now. Here is the text message I got from his mother today: "Got to eat mashed foods today and drink apple juice put cast on foot to help stand." They have not given a prognosis for his right hand so that is still a concern.

I have tons to do tomorrow so will head for bed here shortly. Be praying for our Son in France as they are having some problems finding and renting a house. He is also pursuing a loan to buy a car for over there.
The first picture is of us sitting at the meeting with our grandchildren. The second is of me at the entrance of the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. This third one was taken on Thursday at noon. We were one of the last ones to take down our exhibit. It looked kind of sad standing there by itself. God bless you.

No comments: