Saturday, June 6, 2009

Janie Girl


It is good to be back home. We spent three days in Henderson. I worked Thursday with the remodeling of my in-law's kitchen and Friday I spent with Bro. Davis. Saturday we did some odd jobs around the Taylor house and visited with my father-in-law. A lady came by who had been raised as a child in the house that is behind the Taylor's house. She was gathering history and pictures of the community and so we poured through some old pictures to give her some copies. It was interesting to here the history of the Chapman community. While going through the pictures I found some of Janie when she was a little girl. I have posted two of my favorites here. The first is of Janie's dad with the three girls, Janie is in the center, Connie on the left and Patricia on the right. The second is of Janie about the age of 5. We also found a picture of Janie's grandfather which was taken in France during World War I. I will have to get a copy of it and post it on this blog.

Tomorrow is Sunday and it will be a busy day. We have a church member in the hospital here in Hillsboro and will visit her tomorrow between services. I will be preaching at the nursing home on Monday. Clint is doing well by last report and I plan to go to Parkland Hospital on Monday. I will try to post an update on him then. God bless you.

No comments: