Thursday, June 4, 2009

cabinets


We worked at my in-laws today. The upper cabinets are framed and hung in place. This first picture is of my brother-in-law and me holding up the corner cabinet while Justin screwed it to the wall. Below are the some more pictures of what Justin got done today. Tomorrow Justin will frame in the lower cabinets. What amazes me is that Justin has the plans all in his head. He has no blue prints. I am not that way at all. I have to have it down on paper or I can't build a thing. My part was to put in five electrical outlets and I got those done today. There will be a canister light over the sink and when Justin gets the wood work done over the sink I will install that light. When the sink is installed I will hook up the water and the drain line to it. My part, at least to me, is the easy part.

My prospectus has been approved and accepted. I have been assigned a faculty advisor and so I will pay my fees and get started this August. I am pretty sure that the book I write on the Song of Solomon will not be on the New York Times best seller list but I expect that it may be popular among my fellow clergy who, like me, have more questions than answers about this greatest of songs.

Tomorrow will find me working with Brother Davis. He has a project already lined out for us to tackle. They have been having problems with water coming in the back door when it rains so they put some sand bags out to stop this from happening. He thinks he has the problem fixed now and so the sand bags have to go. So their back porch should look a lot better by the end of the day. During our manual labor we will talk Bible stuff. I want to get his take on my sermon for Sunday. I believe we are nearing the end and that we should be getting ready for it. A part of getting ready is to be informed about what the Bible says about the end of days.


I best head for bed now. I want to get over to Bro. Davis' fairly early so we can work while it is cool. Enjoy the pictures that follow of my in-law's cabinet project.







1 comment:

Cristy said...

The cabinets look great - but I can't help but notice how precious my son looks too :) I know Sarie would agree. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Praying for y'all. Love, Cristy