Sunday, June 14, 2009

Work Week


My work week starts on Sunday. I get up early and review my sermon and the Sunday school lesson. I go to church at 9:00 and stay until about 12:45. After lunch I review the sermon for Sunday night and review my schedule for the week. If I am preaching on Monday I review the sermon I will preach at the nursing home. Some Sundays we have services at the nursing home at 2:30. Its back to the church at 5:00 for junior choir practice and church services. We get home about 7:30 and eat Supper after which I work on the bulletin for next Sunday. I blog and then head for bed. Monday morning we go to visit at the nursing home and help in the services there then its over to the post office to check the mail and then to the house for lunch. I go to the office in the afternoon and study for next Sunday's sermon. Its home for Supper about 5:00 and watch the news while I eat. I try to take an hour walk each day. I do some Internet work on baptistville.org and Sullivansupply.com as needed. I blog then head for bed. Tuesday is Ladies Bible study in the morning and then I take a walk, eat lunch and then spend the afternoon studying. This Tuesday night we will go down to Waco for services there and will get back a home about 9:00. Wednesday I spend getting ready for the mid-week services and finish studying the Sunday School lesson and Sermon for Sunday. We head for church about 6:30 and get home about 8:00. Thursday is my day off and usually is spent over in Henderson or in Tyler with Janie's parents or Bro. Davis. Friday I work on my doctoral thesis then its back to Hillsboro. Saturday I study and catch up on my reading. Well that is my work week but my schedule is rarely uninterrupted. Surgeries, funerals, and hospital calls keep my schedule in flux. The one thing that I need to do more of is visitation. I am working on a plan to do more visitation this summer and fall. The picture is of a glass of water that a young lady who works at the nursing home gave me because I was having a little trouble with my voice. Small acts of kindness never go unnoticed by the Lord nor should they be by us. God bless you.

No comments: