Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Taxing


I did not blog yesterday due to being busy with other things. I am working on my 2006 tax audit again today. I am trying to figure out what they have proposed and done to my 2006 tax return. It is very complicated. It would help if I could deal with the IRS agent face to face but that is not practical or even, I suppose, possible. I will do the best I can and then mail off my response and explanation along with the additional forms they require. Taxes for clergy are complicated so much so that they have a 28 page publication just to cover the rules. I could pay $500.00 to have a professional do my taxes but I am stubborn and do not think it right that I should have to pay what amounts to another tax just to meet IRS requirements. It looks as though I can go to the IRS office in Waco in person and have them help me fill out my taxes this next year and it will cost me nothing. So I will take that big box of paperwork to them in February.

I will work on the sermon for tonight first thing this morning and then resume my tax work. My brother is coming over tonight and we plan to go hiking tomorrow. We will camp out along side the river at a nice campground near lake Whitney. He is coming prepared to answer my questions about Revelation chapter 14 and I am preparing to answer his questions about chapter 21. The picture is one I took along the trail which we will be hiking tomorrow. God bless you.

No comments: