Saturday, July 4, 2009

Survivor


Steve and I survived the hike. We finished Thursday at about 2:30 and set up camp. We talked for 3 hours discussing Revelation chapters 14, 21, and 22. We had hot dogs for supper and we did get that can of chili opened. When it got to dark to see our Bibles we reviewed the history of our lives year by year. He would tell what was going on in his life a particular year and I would tell what was going on in mine at the same time. We crawled into our tents about 11:00 and slept fairly well considering the heat and the hard ground. Steve fixed oatmeal for our breakfast and then we cleaned up and hit the trail. The trail was not well marked and we lost it on Friday morning shortly after getting started. We drove to the south end of the trail and found the trail head there but again it was not well marked and after one mile of hiking up hill it came to an abrupt end. The view was great and worth the up hill hike. We went back to my brother's truck and headed home. I ended up with 2 small blisters on my right foot and Steve had one on his heel. Not bad for having walked some 8 miles at 102 degrees.

We had a belated birthday party for our grandson. He is 11 years old now. It was fun to spend time with the grand kids. They are as sweet as they can be. We got him a bicycle and he got out in the heat and road up and down our street.

I had a meeting at 3:00 Friday afternoon. Three ladies who are heading up the fund raiser for Clint Rogers met me at the church and we discussed the details. I had a concern about the car wash portion of the fund raiser. I wanted to be sure that the young people doing the car wash dressed modestly and they agreed and assured me that they would pass that message on. I expect that this fund raiser will be a huge success. It certainly is in good hands. Clint is doing very well as of last report. I still have a concern over his right hand but have not heard any prognosis. Please continue to pray for him.

I have been working on summer camp registration. The churches have all gotten their registration in and tonight I sorted out the dorm assignments and eating order. We have 239 preregistered for camp. The number is down and I would love to see our camp have about 500.

The pictures are of our hike. The first is the last view we had Friday morning. The second is of us during our Bible discussion. The third is of our supper which Steve also cooked. I was on the phone taking care of camp registration business while Steve was cooking. The fourth is of my brother on Friday morning watching a lot of Buzzards in the trees.

I am going to look over the Sunday School lesson now and review my sermon a bit before heading for bed. It has been a long day and I will rise extra early in the morning for prayer and Bible reading. Looking forward to our services tomorrow. God bless you.

No comments: